June 9, 2007

Another Poetry Scam

Just out of curiosity I went to www.poetry.com, one of those scams that promise you riches & publication for sending them your poems. I entered my name in the search & found a couple of Dan Wilcoxes, some Daniels, even some Danielles.

None of them are me, I'm the real Dan Wilcox! I mean, some of those poems were really awful (not that I haven't written some awful poems in my time).

Try it yourself -- enter your name & see how many of you there are out there writing really bad poems (I mean, not counting yourself).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you a dollar there are no other Tim Verhaegens.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I entered some poems a few years ago, and they offered reservations to their annual poetry bash, or something, all for only a million dollars a seat.

It had fishy written all over it.

Sallow Siserary said...

oh dear....